Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Greetings Nobles of Æthelmearc,
We have Heirs!
A great tournament was seen at our 20 year Celebration and Crown Tourney. We saw strong and mighty warriors join each other in chivalrous combat. Duke Sven Gunnersson fighting for his lovely consort Duchess Siobhan bested all in the list to become our heirs. We know the kingdom will be in good hands far in the distant future when we retire to our estates.
By the time you receive this missive we will be returning from War of the Wings in Atlantia. We are looking forward to Brawling in Kings Crossing, A & S champs in Nithgaard. Fighting at the Cornmaze. There are many teaching and learning opportunities in November. Participation in the arts in enriching on many different levels and makes the dream we love real. Two of her Majesties favorite events: Æcademy, and FFF are great events to get your feet wet teaching in the arts.
The Wardrobe group is still accepting more artisans. Those interested may contact Mistress Elisibeth Von Flaussenberg. This is a really great opportunity for artisans to share and work together as a group. It facilitates learning, research, collaboration and a stronger arts community.
Plan now to join the great crusade to Gulf Wars. Join us to bring renown for our lands in battle and Arts. Many warriors from Æthelmearc will be participating in the viking Deed at Gulf Wars as well. We will be Danes, led by Sir Meric. Please contact him if you wish to take part in the deed and he can give you information on the kit requirements.
Ad Glorium Æthelmearc
Gareth and Juliana, Rex and Regina
REQUEST FOR COMMENTARY – Proposed Corpora Change – Corpora IV.E.
Published November 2, 2017
Currently open for commentary is a proposal for a change to Corpora IV.E. Reason for suggested change is to clarify confusing language. Corpora currently reads:
ROYALTY, E. Limitations:
3. Royalty may delegate:
a. the decision-making powers on legislation, distribution of armigerous awards and orders, or banishment, or
b. signature authority for warrants and rosters to territorial princes and princesses within their Kingdom.
Royalty may not delegate these powers or authorities to anyone else.
The proposed change reads as follows:
ROYALTY, E. Limitations
3. The Crown may delegate the following authority to those territorial princes and princesses within their Kingdom and may not delegate these powers or authorities to anyone else:
a. decision making powers on legislation of principality law with the approval of the Crown.
b. distribution of armigerous award and orders with prior approval of the Crown: the distribution of armigerous awards and orders may also be granted to Landed Barons and Baronesses with the approval of the Crown.
c. banishment within the principality with prior approval of the Crown.
d. signature authority for warrants and rosters with prior approval of the Crown.
All members are encouraged forward their opinions for consideration. Comments may be mailed to: Comments / Corpora IV.E.
Milpitas, CA 95036
Comments may also be emailed to email@example.com. Please use “Corpora IV.E.” in the subject line. Commentary will be accepted until January 15, 2018.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- November 25 @ 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- November 26 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- December 2 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- December 2 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
- December 9 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- December 9 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- January 6, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- January 13, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- January 20, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- January 27, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
* There is a new Society Harassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* Bids are still being accepted from Region 3 for Spring Crown Tournament. If no bids are received by December 1, it will be opened to bids from any region.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Authorization Clerk. The 2-year term starts at Kingdom Twelfth Night. If you are interested, please email email@example.com by December 31, 2017.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Seneschal. The 2-year term starts at Coronation in Fall 2019. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sir Arnthor Inn Sterki has been named Æthelmearc’s Warlord for Pennsic. He can be contacted at email@example.com. THL Madison Morai has been named Æthelmearc’s Warlord for Gulf Wars, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Our King and Queen, Gareth and Juliana, would like to give each newcomer a drinking vessel (mug, goblet, cup, etc.) during Royal Courts as a way to welcome them to the Society. Donations do not need to be new but should be in good condition and serviceable as feast gear. Please contact THLady Antoinette de Lorraine (email@example.com) with any questions. Please bring your donations to an event or check The AEthelmearc Gazette for shipping to snail mail addresses.
* Lady McKenna Henderson is overseeing the award medallions and toy box for TRM Gareth and Julianna. If you would like to help with largesse for the children of Æthelmearc or award medallions, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There will be Dozen Donation Derby Battles at Æcademy on November 4th and Kingdom 12th night on January 6th. More information on the Derby Battles can be found on the Dozen Donation Derby Battle page.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!