Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto the rapier enthusiasts of Æthelmearc does King Timothy and Queen Gabrielle send greetings,
Some years back, We wrote the BoD of the SCA to discuss the issue of the Rapier Peerage. Our input, along with that of many others convinced the governing body of our organization that a peerage unique to the art of the sword would be beneficial to the society, and thus, the Masters of Defense were created.
We had the privledge of sitting the thrones when the MoD came on line. We discussed prospective members with many of you throughout the kingdom, before selecting the initial 5 recipients. Of the 10 who received enough comments from the populace to merit serious consideration, all but one have been invited to join the order. We’d like nothing more than to add the last one.
We are greatly pleased with those who wear the collar, and the contributions they have made to the community. We see these members travel throughout the kingdom as they share their knowledge. But their numbers are limited. There are only so many of them, and they cannot be everywhere at every moment.
At Pennsic every year, Timothy takes the field and asks as many knights as possible to take the field at his side for an entire day. Friday, August 4th from 9am till 5pm. This year, We have asked Maestra Illadore, who has graciously agreed, to set up a similar deed of arms for the Masters of Defense.
Therefore, Her Majesty and I put forth this challenge to you. Come and show us your heart, drive and skill. Work with the Masters and Mistresses. Spar with them. Train with them. Learn from them. Show them you have the skill to be at their side. Since We cannot be of any assistance in training any of you, We will do our part by promoting this and trying to get as many MoDs as possible on the field with her.
No excuses. They are here, in one place for your benefit.
“They don’t come to my area”. They are here.
“They never fight me with my chosen form”. Yes, they will.
“I am out of practice”. This date is 2 months away. You have time.
Deeds not words.
We hope to see all of you there.
Timothy and Gabrielle
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- August 25 @ 2:00 pm - August 27 @ 11:00 am
- September 1 @ 5:00 pm - September 4 @ 11:00 am
- September 8 @ 12:00 pm - September 10 @ 12:00 pm
- September 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- September 16 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- September 16 @ 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
- September 22 @ 4:00 pm - September 24 @ 3:00 pm
- September 23 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- September 29 @ 5:00 pm - October 1 @ 11:55 am
- September 30
* There is a new Society Harrassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Authorization Clerk. The 2-year term starts at Kingdom Twelfth Night. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Dame Bronwyn MacFhionghuin, on behalf of the Office of the Bagatelle for the Reign of Timothy III & Gabrielle III, announces that the Bagatelle is responsible for largess, the children’s largess, and award medallions.
All Royal Progress events will include a Dirty Dozen Derby for largess. Donations will be accepted at all events throughout the Reign to continue replenishing the children’s treasure chest and for Award Medallions.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the new icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Mistress Antoinette de la Croix has announced the subjects, dates, and locations of the 2016-17 Scribal Tour Series.
The upcoming classes are:
Visconti Painting techniques – September 9 in Thescorre
Celtic Manuscript Art – October 8 in Abhainn Ciach Ghlas
Anne of Brittany – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Manuscrit Evangiles pour différentes fêtes (Manuscript Gospels for different holidays) – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Please contact Mistress Antoinette with questions or reservations at: email@example.com
* Check out the Kingdom of AEthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!