Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto Glorious Æthelmearc do Timothy and Gabrielle send greetings,
It has been a whirlwind last few months, and an absolute pleasure serving TRM Marcus and Margerite as their Heirs. They have served our kingdom with dignity, grace and kindness, and their reign will long be remembered as a benchmark to be measured against.
Our Society is at a crossroads. We don’t seem to bring in enough new members to replace those who leave our hobby, or, worse yet, pass on. The challenge is, what can any of us do to stem the tide of people leaving? We plead with each and every one of you to make that little effort to help someone new, or look after someone searching for a new direction. If you perceive someone has wronged you, seek them out and try to come to a meeting of the minds. It may be a simple misunderstanding.
I, Timothy pledge this. If you want to learn how to fight, please touch base with me. I will do what I can to work with you, or, find someone local to you who is willing to help you learn. I will help you put together some loaner gear. You bring the desire, drive and enthusiasm, and I pledge to be there for you. I would welcome you to fight at my side in battle this summer.
I, Gabrielle, pledge to make an extra effort to be welcoming towards new people at every event. Autocrats, Chatelaines, and friends of those new people, please help by letting me know who they are early in the day so I can try to include them and help them feel welcome.
Also Timothy will be the first to tell you that he is not especially good at being organized. My email is ten.m1493490220aerts1493490220dniw@14934902201102r1493490220olyat1493490220. If you want to touch base with either of us… if you are new, or newly back, or have been around forever and would like a new direction, or if you just don’t feel included, maybe we can help. Please get in touch with us and we will see what we can do.
As always, we remain in service to Æthelmearc, the Society and the Dream,
Timothy and Gabrielle
Presenting the Roll of Combatants for Crown Tournament:
Unto the Kingdom of Æthelmearc, greetings from Kameshima Silver Buccle Principal Herald.
Being the Roll of Combatants and Consorts vying for the title of Heirs to the Sylvan Kingdom, the tournament to take place before Their Majesties Timothy and Gabrielle upon the field at Sylvan Glen on the 13th of May, Anno Societatis LII:
Duke Sven Gunnarsson for Duchess Siobhán inghean uí Liatháin
Duke Sir Malcolm Duncan MacEoghainn for Viscountess Rosalinde Ashworth
Duke Marcus Eisenwald for Countess Margerite Eisenwald
Duke Sir Titus Scipio Germanicus for Countess Anna Leigh
Count Sir Andreas Morgan for Countess Kallista Morgunova
Earl Sir Thomas Byron of Haverford and Countess Sir Ariella of Thornbury each for the other
Baron Sir Maghnus an Chnoic na n’Iora for Brehyres Gwendolyn the Graceful
Sir Angus MacBain for Maîtresse Yvianne de Castel d’Avignon
Baron Sir Murdoch Bayne for Baroness Rioghnach ni Rose
Sir Finn Marland O’Shannon for Lady Sigrid Wilhelm
Baron Sir Alonzio of the Peacemakers for Baroness Alexandra dei Campagnella
Sir Gareth Kincaid for Mistress Juliana Delamare
THL Rouland of Willowbrooke and Mistress Jenna MacPherson of the Lion’s Tower each for the other
Master Tigernach mac Cathail for Dame Bronwyn MacFhionghuin
Lord Gregory Hillson for Dame Kateryna Ty Isaf
Sir Hauoc the Wild for Lady Raven Hildebrand
Sir Arnþorr inn sterki for Lady Ceirech Na Hinsi
Baron Sir Marek Viacheldrago for Baroness Sybilla Julianna Daetwyller
Baroness Beatrix Krieger and THL Thorsol Solinauga each for the other
THL Lothar Hügelmann for Baroness Elizabeth Arrowsmyth
THL Madison Morai for Lady Stasha Sebestyen
Lord Leo Dietrich for Baroness Aemelia Soteria
THL Oliver Sutton for Lady Grainne Shionnach
THL Cid Hiyo for Diana Hiyo
Lord Arden Scot of Clann Scot for Lady Dierdre Scot of Clann Scot
Lord Cormacc mac Gilla Bridghe for Lady Elena de la Palma
Lord Cheng Tai Ren for Dai Li
Salvidore Moro di Medici for Kaelena Kobor
The field stands at 31 combatants.
Please direct any questions, concerns or corrections to me off-list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
In Honor and Service,
Kameshima Zentarō Umakai
Silver Buccle Principal Herald, Kingdom of Æthelmearc
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- April 27 @ 5:00 pm - April 30 @ 12:00 pm
- May 6 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- May 13 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- May 12 @ 5:00 pm - May 14 @ 12:00 pm
- May 18 @ 12:00 am - May 21 @ 3:00 pm
- May 26 @ 12:00 pm
- May 27 @ 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- May 27 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 pm
- June 3 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- June 2 @ 12:00 pm - June 4 @ 12:00 pm
* Information for Spring Crown Tournament can be found on the AE Crown Tournament Website.
* Bids are now being accepted from any region for the Fall AEthelmearc AEcademy and War College. The preferred date for this event is November 11, 2017. Please email bids to email@example.comB1493490220 by the due date of May 15, 2017.
* Dame Bronwyn MacFhionghuin, on behalf of the Office of the Bagatelle for the Reign of Timothy III & Gabrielle III, announces that the Bagatelle is responsible for largess, the children’s largess, and award medallions.
All Royal Progress events will include a Dirty Dozen Derby for largess. The first derby will take place at the AEthelmearc A&S Faire & Queen’s Prize Tourney May 6, hosted by the Shire of Nithgaard.
Donations will be accepted at all events throughout the Reign to continue replenishing the children’s treasure chest.
Award medallions will be inventoried at Coronation to see what will need to be replenished.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the new icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a call for letters for Minister of Arts & Sciences. Deadline for letters is June 1. Please send letters & CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* TRM Timothy and Gabrielle have announced their new Warlord for Pennsic. Baroness Alexandra dei Campagnella, OP, is the new Warlord. Master Don Donnan MacDubhsidhe is staying on as Rapier Warlord.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* The following Kingdom Policies have been updated. Please check the new policy’s on the corresponding officer’s page:
– Arts & Sciences
– Youth Combat Policies (on Earl Marshal page)
* Mistress Antoinette de la Croix has announced the subjects, dates, and locations of the 2016-17 Scribal Tour Series.
The upcoming classes are:
Celtic – April 23 in Rhyderrich Hael
Anne of Brittany – June 17 in Angel’s Keep
Armenian – August 6-9 at Pennsic (Open to public)
Visconti – August 2017 in Thescorre (date to be confirmed in late March)
High French – September 2017 in Central PA (date to be confirmed in late March)
Celtic – October 2017 in Western PA (date to be confirmed in late June)
For more information, or to RSVP, please email moc.o1490751654ohay@1490751654710261490751654102ru1490751654otlab1490751654ircs1490751654.
* Check out the Kingdom of AEthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!