Welcome to our Kingdom!
Their Sylvan Highnesses: To be determined at Fall Crown Tournament, October 7, 2017
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto our noble people of Æthelmearc,
The Month of October will be very full indeed in our lands with many fine events and tournaments to choose from. We will be seeking Heirs for this great Kingdom at the 20 Year Celebration and Crown Tournament. There will be displays of our Kingdom’s rich heritage along with many other activities.
During our reign we wish to make new comers feel welcome and part of our society. One plan to facilitate this is the drinking vessel project. We ask your generosity in donating serviceable or new drinking vessels: mugs, chalices, horns, goblets etc. These will be given to new comers in court if it is their first event. There is also a need for award medallions and cords. If you with to donate any of these items please contact THL Antoinette Delorraine or Lady McKenna Henderson (Red) will be happy to collect them.
We will be traveling to many events this month in Æthelmearc and we will be also be traveling to Atlantia join our noble cousins at the
War of the Wings on Oct 19-22. Please continue to send us letters of recommendation detailing the deeds of our noble populace, (at least 6 weeks lead time is needed for our scribes to prepare award scrolls). We are so excited about and proud of this glorious kingdom and the great works our populace is doing.
With Warmest regards
Gareth and Juliana, Rex and Regina Æthelmearc
Note: The Curia Regis of TRM Gareth and Juliana will take place on October 6 from 8:00-10:00 pm at We are the Escarbuncle – Celebration of Aethelmearc’s Twentieth Anniversary & Fall Crown Tournament.
From THL Sophie Davenport, Silver Buccle:
Greetings to the good subjects of Æthelmearc from Sophie Davenport, Silver
Buccle Herald! It is my pleasure, with the permission of Their Majesties,
Gareth and Juliana, to publish the names of those vying for the title of
Heirs to the Throne of Æthelmearc.
Fall Crown Tournament, October 7, AS 52, 2017
Combatant/Consort List. Good Luck to All!
Duke Timothy of Arindale for Duchess Gabrielle van Nijenrode
Duke Sven Gunnarsson for Duchess Siobhán inghean uí Liatháin
Duke Malcolm Duncan MacEoghainn for Viscountess Rosalinde Ashworth
Duke Marcus Eisenwald for Countess Marguerite Eisenwald
Count Andreas Morgan for Countess Kallista Morgunova
Earl Thomas Byron of Haverford and Countess Ariella of Thornbury, each for the other
Sir Maghnus an Chnoic na n’Iora for Mistress Gwendolyn the Graceful
Sir Angus MacBain for Mistress for Yvianne de Castel d’Avignon
Sir Murdoch Bayne for Baroness Rioghnach ny Rise
Sir Delphinious Aegeous for Lady Sigrid Wilhelm
Sir Alonzio of the Peacemakers for Mistress Alexandra dei Campagnella
THL Rouland of Willowbrooke and Mistress Jenna McPherson of Lion’s Tower, each for the other
THL Freidrich Flußmüllnerin for Mistress Felicitas Flußmüllnerin
Sir Vladimir Mechnik for Lady Tomassa Isolona
Master Tigernach mac Cathail for Margareta le Sayre
Sir Arnþorr inn sterki for Lady Ceirich na Hinnsi
Sir Marek Viacheldrago for Baroness Sybilla Detwyller
Royce Bentley for Master Juan Miguel Cesar
Master Jussie Laplein for Lady Vika Vyborgskaia
Sir Beatrix Krieger and THL Thorsol Solinauga, each for the other
THL Dominic McMorland for Eleanor McMorland
THL Madison Morai for Lady Stasha Sebastyn
THL Oliver Sutton for Lady Grainne Shionnach
THL Cid Hiyo for Diane Haldie
THL Ardan Scott for Lady Deirdre Scott
Lord Marius Sittius for Lady Alita of Hartstone
Lord Wolfgang Starke for Lady Katerin Starke
Lord Cheng Tai Ren for Dai Li
Lord Ulfkell Dungalson for Lady Aesa
Legaire mac Connall for Aurelie NicTurnear
Ansteorra Disaster Relief Information
Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope sends this message:
If you have been wondering how to help SCA members on the Texas Gulf Coast who’ve been affected by Hurricane Harvey, please read the announcement on the AEthelmearc Gazette from the Disaster Relief Coordinator of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
At the request of Their Graces, Timothy and Gabrielle, I will be coordinating donations from AEthelmearc after the immediate crisis is past. However, for right now, your best response is to donate money or gift cards as explained in the article on the Gazette. If local groups wish to put donation jars at the troll tables of upcoming events, that would be great; however, such donations must be handled by individuals and should not go through SCA group accounts.
If any SCA groups wish to make a donation to the Ansteorran relief fund from SCA-related accounts, please contact Master Tofi <firstname.lastname@example.org>, the Kingdom Exchequer, to learn how to do this and remain in compliance with SCA financial policies.
And a message from Mistress Antoinette de la Croix, Co-Sylvan Signet:
The Star Signet of Ansteorra has emailed me that they have received enough donations through the John Neal project, great news! Thank you to everyone who donated!
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- September 29 @ 5:00 pm - October 1 @ 12:00 pm
- September 30 @ 9:00 am - October 1 @ 5:00 pm
- September 30 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- October 6 @ 3:00 pm - October 8 @ 3:00 pm
- October 6 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- October 7 @ 9:00 am - October 8 @ 5:00 pm
- October 13 @ 6:00 pm - October 15 @ 12:00 pm
- October 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- October 18 - October 22
- October 21 @ 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
* Curia Regis of Gareth and Juliana will be held at 8:00 PM on Friday, October 6, the evening before Fall Crown Tournament in the Debatable Lands.
* There is a new Society Harrassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Authorization Clerk. The 2-year term starts at Kingdom Twelfth Night. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Our King and Queen, Gareth and Juliana, would like to give each newcomer a drinking vessel (mug, goblet, cup, etc.) during Royal Courts as a way to welcome them to the Society. Donations do not need to be new but should be in good condition and serviceable as feast gear. Please contact THLady Antoinette de Lorraine (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Please bring your donations to an event or check The AEthelmearc Gazette for shipping to snail mail addresses.
* Lady McKenna Henderson is overseeing the award medallions and toy box for TRM Gareth and Julianna. If you would like to help with largesse for the children of AEthelmearc or award medallions, please contact her at email@example.com.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Mistress Antoinette de la Croix has announced the subjects, dates, and locations of the 2016-17 Scribal Tour Series.
The upcoming classes are:
Anne of Brittany – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Manuscrit Evangiles pour différentes fêtes (Manuscript Gospels for different holidays) – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Celtic Manuscript Art – November 11 in Abhainn Ciach Ghlas
Please contact Mistress Antoinette with questions or reservations at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Check out the Kingdom of AEthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!