Welcome to our Kingdom!
Their Royal Highnesses Prince Maynard von dem Steine and Princess Liadain ni Dheirdre Chaohamnaigh
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto Glorious Æthelmearc do TRM Timothy and Gabrielle send our heartfelt greetings and good wishes,
When you read this missive we will have Heirs! Considering all the combatants and consorts on our list of entrants, we are confident that whoever they may be, they won an honorable victory and they will serve our Kingdom well.
The last few weeks have been wonderful. We would like to thank the Shires of Angels Keep and Heronter for running spectacular events at Coronation and Harvest Raid. The autocrats and their staffs did a fabulous and these events came off without a hitch.
This month we would like to give special thanks to the typically unsung hero of the Society, the local officers. They toil in the background making sure the local group that is the foundation of our organization works. Please take a moment to track down your local officers and give them the thanks they deserve.
We look forward to seeing you over the coming months and would like to take a few moments to share in the dream we know as Æthelmearc.
In Eternal Service to Æthelmearc,
Timothy and Gabrielle
Curia of Their Royal Majesties’ Timothy and Gabrielle
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Mistress Illadore:
Unto the Glorious Kingdom of Æthelmearc, Greetings from Mistress Illadore de Bedegrayne, Seneschal,
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone who helped make this past Pennsic such an amazing success. Thank you to everyone who helped out, did a volunteering shift, marshaled,
heralded, scribed, or did one of the hundred other things necessary to help make Pennsic possible. You are the backbone of this amazing Kingdom and I thank you.
Calling for letters for Social Media Deputy. Baroness Hilda, who has done a fantastic job, would like to step down. Please see that announcement in the Æstel.
Please also see the joint announcement from the Seneschal and Exchequer in this issue!
We are pleased to try to help make Kingdom level events more accessible to families.
The Society Seneschal has reminded us that no SCA forms (not Æthelmearc forms but Society forms) should be hosted on Kingdom or local websites or databases, but instead we should link to the forms at sca.org. This ensures that the most updated forms are being used and does not delay any processing for things like insurance or background checks.
Fall Crown will be happening at the Sherrill Community Activity Center.
Address: 139 East Hamilton Ave., Sherrill, NY 13461, on October 12th.
Please see the event announcement for further details regarding the event.
I am delighted to say that Kingdom 12th Night will be in St. Swithin’s Bog. I am happy to note that there is no site fee for those 17 and under. Please see the event announcement later in [the AEstel].
Hope to see you all at an event soon,
Their Royal Majesties’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
Their Royal Highnesses’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
Upcoming Kingdom Events
- November 22 @ 5:00 pm - November 24 @ 12:00 pm
- December 7
- December 7 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- December 14 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- January 11, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- January 12, 2020
- January 17, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - January 19, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
- January 18, 2020
- January 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- February 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
* There is a new Society Harassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* The new Æthelmearc Fighter Data Roster is available at http://authclerk.aethelmearc.org. Any questions or comments can be sent to Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba, Kingdom Authorization Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There are new Authorization Forms found on the Authorizations Clerk page.
* From the Kingdom Authorization Clerk, Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba: The on line roster was never intended to replace the authorization cards. Walking up to the List table and telling the MoL you don’t need an authorization card because it is on line and they can look it up, is not acceptable. This will not be tolerated. If you look at your card it clearly states, “Be prepared to present this card to any marshal or List official, upon request, when involved in combat activties.” It is your responsibility to have your card, or a copy, with you.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* The following Kingdom Policies have been updated. Please check the new policies on the corresponding officer’s page:
– Armoured Combat (7/19) Effective 8/11/19
– Adult Authorization Form Effective 8/11/19
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!
* There is an immediate need for a new Kingdom Historian and an opening for a Webminister for the Historian’s Office. There is also an opening for a Webminister for the Chronicler’s Office. If you are interested, please email our Kingdom Chronicler at email@example.com.
* The Silver Buccle Herald, THL Sophie Davenport, is seeking 12 local heralds and a Region 5 herald. If you are interested in any of these positions, please let her know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Kingdom Signets, Mistress Antoinette de la Croix and THL Shirin of Susa, are requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let them know at email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Authorization Clerk. Letters are due by December 1, 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Webminister. Letters are due by February 1, 2020. Please email email@example.com to apply.