To Our Grieving Kingdom and to those who were lucky to call HRH Titus a friend and chosen family.
As stated earlier, information about His Royal Highness has been trickling in. What is now known is that Their Royal Highnesses where visiting the Kingdom of Outlands and attending their Event, Battlemoor. His Highness became short of breath after fighting and sought medical attention. He was then transferred to the local hospital where tests where done and it was found that he had a blood clot in his lungs which caused him to have a cardiac arrest and pass from this world, despite the ER personnel’s best effort. Her Royal Highness was by his side the entire time.
I spoke to HRH Anna Leigh at length and she is doing as well as she can under these circumstances. The Kingdom of Outlands has been amazing and have assisted her with everything she may need. She asked me to thank the Kingdom, and the Known World, for the outpouring of support, prayers, and love. She apologies for not being able to respond or to post something herself due to the poor reception on site and in the area she is in but she wants everyone to know she is appreciative.
As more information comes in, we will make sure to pass it along. I know many have asked about a GoFundMe page or ways to help. It is still too soon to know the needs of Her Royal Highness and we will inform the Kingdom and the Known World as soon as we see an opportunity to help.
And just as a reminder, we ask that you please respect HRH, Anna Leigh by giving her the space she needs while she is going through this difficult time.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Ourselves (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com) or the Kingdom Seneschal, Duke Christopher Rawlyns (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In Service to Aethelmearc
Celebration of Life for Titus Germanicus, Prince of AEthelmearc
Sunday, August 5 at 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM in Æthelmearc Royal at Pennsic War
The Known World mourns the loss of Titus Scipio Germanicus. We, in Æthelmearc knew him as Our King and current Prince but we are not the only ones who grieve. Be welcome and join with those who carry a heavy heart and share what you would with Her Highness Anna Leigh, Sylvan Princess of AEthelmearc. All are welcome.
If you have general questions, please contact Magistra Margerite Eisenwald.
(Contact emails forthcoming)
Welcome to our Kingdom!
Their Sylvan Highnesses Prince Titus Scipio Germanicus and Princess Anna Leigh
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Greetings From Their Majesties Sven and Siobhan,
The drums of war are growing louder, and roaming bands of mercenaries have been noted along Our borders. The forecast of war is daunting, but We find Our spirits lifted by the turnout for the different War Practice events. Each time Our troops march in practice, the outcome of the war looks more and more in Our favor. There is still time to hone your skills and sharpen your blade before Pennsic, come to the remaining war practice events and join in the fun!
Blessed have We been by the recommendations We have received, and truly honored have We been to be able to answer these by awarding tokens of appreciation upon very worthy individuals in Our Kingdom. We feel that as a group We grow stronger with the passing of each year, our populace grows wiser, and more cunning and skilled in the arts and crafts. The levels to which Our combined talents and knowledge reach is truly inspiring. Please continue sending in recommendations, the memory of the crowns is not always the best, so repeating words of praise is a good thing!
Pennsic is soon upon Us and We want the whole Kingdom to know that the Æthelmearc Royal Encampment is a place where many hands will be needed during the war. Lady Lasairfhiona and Lady Dubheasa will be in charge of the Hospitality tent and we have confidence in them doing a good job. Please volunteer to help with something at Pennsic, everything that needs to
be done benefits from more volunteers!
We look forward to meeting you all on Our travels.
Ad Gloriam Æthelmearc!
King Sven and Queen Siobhan
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Duke Christopher:
Great officers— About half of have communicated to me regarding the state of your Policies. Please make sure that the policies for your office are in line with the Society Governing Documents and forward them to me so that I may review them and present them to the Crown. If you have done this within the last two years, please let me know as well.
Seneschals– there have been revisions to the Society Seneschal policies. Please make sure that you have the most current version of the Seneschal Handbook from the Society for your reference. Also, long these same lines, please remember, that if you are having an event, that you MUST post the SCA bullying and harassment policy.
From the Society Minister of Arts & Sciences:
Greetings from the Society Minister of Arts and Sciences,
I am looking for bids for the following events for 2019 & 2020:
• Known World Arts and Sciences Symposium
• Known World Brewing Symposium
• Known World Cooks and Bards
• Known World Costuming Symposium
• Known World Dance and Music Symposium
• Known World Fiber Arts Symposium
• Known World Metal & Glass Symposium
Information for submitting bids can be found here: http://sca.org/officers/arts/
I’m also not opposed to breaking some of these up or other combinations. I know that Costuming has been combined with Rapier several times and that Dance hasn’t always had Music attached to it. If you have other disciplines that you’d like to submit for, I’m good with that too (except Scribal because that’s included with the Heralds on an annual basis).
Deadlines: For any Known World event in 2019, the deadline is July 31, 2018. For any Known World event in 2020, the deadline is December 31, 2018.
Yours, in Service & Art,
Seigneur Etienne Le Mons d’Anjou
(Richard A. Le Mons)
Society Minister of Arts and Sciences
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- July 13 @ 5:00 pm - July 15 @ 12:00 pm
- July 22 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- July 27 - August 12
- August 24 @ 12:00 pm - August 26 @ 9:00 am
- August 31 @ 5:00 pm - September 3 @ 11:00 am
- September 1 @ 9:00 am - September 2 @ 9:00 pm
- September 7 @ 5:00 pm - September 9 @ 9:00 am
- September 15
- September 21 @ 5:00 pm - September 23 @ 11:00 am
- September 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
* The Pennsic XLVII Periscope is now live!
* The deadline for the September Æstel will be July 25.
* No bids were received for Kingdom 12th night. If your group is interested in hosting, please put a bid together as soon as possible and submit it to the Kingdom Senschal at email@example.com.
* There is a new Society Harassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* Their Royal Majesties are seeking medallions and largesse to be given to the populace as recognition and gifts.In order to inspire those who wish to contribute to come forward, two competitions shall be held. One will be at Pax Interruptus on July 7, to be judged by His Majesty, and the other at Bog Three Day on July 14, to be judged by Her Majesty. All are encouraged to participate or to consider contributing by giving items of largesse and/or medallions to members of the royal staff.
* The new Æthelmearc Fighter Data Roster is available at http://authclerk.aethelmearc.org. Any questions or comments can be sent to Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba, Kingdom Authorization Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are interested in helping with Their Royal Majesties’ Royal Wardrobe, please contact Elska a Fjarfelli and Hrolfr a Fjarfelli, Mistress and Master of the Royal Wardrobe. Their contact information is listed at TRM’s Website.
* King Sven and Queen Siobhan have announced that Æthelmearc has been chosen to exchange gifts with the Kingdom of the Meridies this Pennsic War. This is the chance for all the artisans of Æthelmearc to join together to show what we can do! ANY ART is welcome! If you have an idea, have questions, or have items to donate, please contact Meisterin Felicity Flußmüllnerin at email@example.com.
* There is an immediate need for a new Kingdom Historian and an opening for a Webminister for the Historian’s Office. There is also an opening for a Webminister for the Chronicler’s Office. If you are interested, please email our Kingdom Chronicler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Seneschal. The 2-year term starts at Coronation in Fall 2019. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Chronicler. The 2-year term starts in November 2018. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters are due by August 15, 2018.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Æthelmearc Youth Combat Marshal. The 2-year term starts in September 2018. If you are interested, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters are due by July 20, 2018.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Archer General. The 2-year term starts in September 2018. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Webminister for the Sylvan Signet’s Office. The 2-year term starts in September 2018. If you are interested, please email both firstname.lastname@example.org and AESignet@gmail.com. Letters are due by August 15, 2018.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Siege Marshal Deputy under the Earl Marshal. The 2-year term starts in Fall 2018. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Their Royal Majesties, Sven and Siobhan, have announced that Æthelmearc’s mighty army will support the noble Dragon of the Middle Kingdom against the Lion of the East.
* Sir Arnthor Inn Sterki has been named Æthelmearc’s Warlord for Pennsic. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Duchess Dorinda Courtenay has been named Æthelmearc’s Fencing Warlord for Pennsic. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
* Maighstir Uilliam MacantSaoir (known as Liam) is Æthelmearc’s Pennsic Volunteer Coordinator. There is a Facebook Group for Æthelmearc Volunteers at Pennsic located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/178617056162559. If you would like to volunteer some time at Pennsic, or need to reach Maighstir Liam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The Kingdom Signets, Mistress Antoinette de la Croix and THL Shirin of Susa, are requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let them know at email@example.com.
* There are new Authorization Forms found on the Authorizations Clerk page.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!