Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto Glorious Æthelmearc do Timothy and Gabrielle send greetings,
At our Coronation this past weekend, we announced our Spark Challenge; our way of encouraging folks to discover, or rediscover the magic that our Kingdom, and the society as a whole offers. Any and all are invited to give pearls, any and all are invited to receive pearls. We distributed around 1,000 at Coronation to the landed Barons and Baronesses, the Kingdom officers and what peers we could, but that was just to get the ball rolling.
The idea is simple. Try something out of your usual range of activities. You may find yourself in love with your hobby all over again in ways you never thought possible. The things available to do are quite literally innumerable. Broaden your horizons. Never thrown axes or knives? Go to a thrown weapons practice. Are you comfortable at calligraphy and Illumination but afraid to try gilding? We are sure there is someone willing to teach you. Always curious about fighting heavy, but could never get up the nerve? Give it a shot. There are dozens of folks who would love to show you how it is done. Attend a class or a Curia. Sit through a court. Submit a device. Go to a bardic circle. Volunteer at Troll or in the kitchen. You’ll have fun, and hopefully meet new people and make new friends. At Melee Madness, Timothy will be doing something way, way out of his comfort zone (Ask any of the equestrians about Tim and horses).
At any time after Crown Tournament, please come up to us and show us your 8 pearls, and better still, tell us a story or two of how much fun you had. We will gladly present you with a token commemorating the completion of your quest, and hopefully, the beginning of a magical new chapter in your SCA career.
In service to Æthelmearc,
Timothy and Gabrielle
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- July 7 @ 3:00 pm - July 9 @ 12:00 pm
- July 14 @ 5:00 pm - July 16 @ 12:00 pm
- July 16 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- July 16 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- July 28 @ 9:00 am - August 13 @ 12:00 pm
- August 5 - August 8
- August 25 @ 2:00 pm - August 27 @ 11:00 am
- September 1 @ 5:00 pm - September 4 @ 11:00 am
- September 8 @ 12:00 pm - September 10 @ 12:00 pm
- September 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
* Curia Regis of TRM Timothy and Gabrielle will be in St. Swithin’s Bog on Sunday, July 16 at 10:00 AM.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Exchequer. The 2-year term starts at Pennsic. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Dame Bronwyn MacFhionghuin, on behalf of the Office of the Bagatelle for the Reign of Timothy III & Gabrielle III, announces that the Bagatelle is responsible for largess, the children’s largess, and award medallions.
All Royal Progress events will include a Dirty Dozen Derby for largess. Donations will be accepted at all events throughout the Reign to continue replenishing the children’s treasure chest and for Award Medallions.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the new icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* TRM Timothy and Gabrielle have announced their new Warlord for Pennsic. Baroness Alexandra dei Campagnella, OP, is the new Warlord. Master Don Donnan MacDubhsidhe is staying on as Rapier Warlord.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Mistress Antoinette de la Croix has announced the subjects, dates, and locations of the 2016-17 Scribal Tour Series.
The upcoming classes are:
Armenian: Gospels of Gladzor – August 5-8 at Pennsic (Open to public)
Visconti Painting techniques – September 9 in Thescorre
Celtic Manuscript Art – October 8 in Abhainn Ciach Ghlas
Anne of Brittany – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Manuscrit Evangiles pour différentes fêtes (Manuscript Gospels for different holidays) – October 21 in Angel’s Keep
Please contact Mistress Antoinette with questions or reservations at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Check out the Kingdom of AEthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!