Their Royal Highnesses’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
Upcoming Online Activities
Upcoming Kingdom Events
- September 29 @ 5:00 pm - October 1 @ 12:00 pm
- October 7 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- October 14 @ 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
- October 21 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- October 28 @ 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- November 3 @ 6:00 pm - November 5 @ 12:00 pm
- November 10 @ 5:00 pm - November 12 @ 12:00 pm
- November 11 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- November 18 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- December 2
Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Greetings Fair Æthelmearc, We are honored to serve once again as the crown of Æthelmearc.
We need your counsel on who is deserving of recognition and awards, especially being able to recognize newer participants. These are often the ones we don’t know yet. That being said it is also important to occasionally look at the longer picture to make sure those who have been steadfast and continued to serve and excel are recommended to the poling order that fits.
Our crown tourney approaches quickly to choose our heirs. We look forward to securing the lineage of the Royal House of AEthelmearc. Come out and join us in the pageantry and prowess of AEthelmearc.
We will be traveling to many events this month in AEthelmearc and we will be also be traveling to Atlantia to join our noble cousins at the War of the Wings on Oct 19-21. Its good to cross our borders and see the dream in other places.
Our Thrown weapons championship will be at Agincourt Oct 28 We will be issuing a pilgrimage challenge to visit all the regions of AEthelmearc. More information will be coming soon. We are so excited about and proud of this glorious kingdom and the great works our populace is doing.
Ad Glorium Æthelmearc!
Gareth and Juliana
Rex and Regina Æthelmearc
Their Majesties Æthelmearc, Andreas Morgan and Kallista, as of August 10, 2023, and the Kingdom Seneschal, Illadore de Bedegrayne, in consultation with the Society Seneschal, do hereby issue a Temporary Removal of Participation for Simon Moody known as Simon at the 50th Pennsic War. This sanction will remain in place until the Society Board of Directors has reviewed it and made a final decision.
Their Majesties Æthelmearc, Andreas Morgan and Kallista, as of August 10, 2023, and the Kingdom Seneschal, Illadore de Bedegrayne, in consultation with the Society Seneschal, do hereby issue a Temporary Removal of Participation for John Bojanowski known as Ioannes Aurelius Serpentius at the 50th Pennsic War. This sanction will remain in place until the Society Board of Directors has reviewed it and made a final decision.
Please join us on October 14 in the Barony of Blackstone Mountain for the Crown Tournament to determine the Heirs of Gareth and Juliana,
King and Queen of Æthelmearc. The following gentles are the combatants for this day:
Magnifico Elena d’Artois for Duke Malcolm MacEoghainn
Duke Thomas Byron of Haverford for Duchess Ariella of Thornbury
Duke Andreas Morgan for Duchess Kallista Morganova
Jarl Arnthor Inn Sterki for Jarlkona Ceirech Na Hinsi
Sir Maghnus de Cnoc an Iora for Brehyres Gwendolyn the Graceful
Sir Murdoch Bayne for Mistress Rioghnach ni Rose
Sir Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono for Lady Katherine Sinclaire
Boyarin Zvonimir Zavodchikov for Boyarynya Zaritsa Zavodchikovna
Hersir Marek Viacheldrago for Baroness Sybilla Julianna Detwyller
Master Jussie Laplein for Baroness Vika Vyborgskaia
The Honorable Bjarki Rikarðarson for Mistress Gabrielle de Winter
Sir Thorsol Solinauga for Sir Beatrix Krieger
Sir Rhys of Myles Ende for Mistress Astridr Vigaskegg
Sir Gwydeon ap Arden for Lady Myskia natfarri
Sir Lothar Hügelman for THLady Sumayya al Ghaziyya
THLord Hrafn inn Traustii for THLady Rannveig Hrajshvelgsneys Alfvinsdottir
THLord Gareth Whytebull for Lady Dominique Von Weißenthurn
Baroness Kara Ivarsdottir for THLady Deirdre Scot of Clann Scot
THLord Tiberious Hostilous Mallous for Lady Ascilia Attebroke
THLord Halfdan Dansson for Lady Sefa Vefari
Lord Atrox of Hibernia for THLady Gwen Cooke
Lord Samuel of Great Oaks for Lady Fina the Huntress
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Mistress Illadore:
This is my last letter as Kingdom Seneschal. Baron Pádraig Ó Branduibh has been selected and will have the reins after me. He is enthusiastic and thoughtful. I know you all will show him courtesy and consideration, as this is a large and somewhat thankless position. Please treat him well.
I would like to thank the amazing network of former and current Kingdom Seneschals who did their best to keep me sane (I know, an impossible job) during the past four years. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I would be remiss if
I did not thank all of my Deputies, past and present, for being such fantastic, hard working, diligent, and helpful people. Being a Kingdom Seneschal means you get to deal with the day to day grind of being a volunteer regional vice president of a non-profit organization that’s held together based on dreams, beliefs, duct tape, PVC, and email, and you cannot do it alone.
I would also like to thank all Kingdom officers, past and present, who I had the pleasure to work with. Your jobs are thankless so please let me say, “thank you” from the bottom of my heart. Very few understand just how demanding these jobs can be, but I get it and I thank you for helping to keep the Kingdom running.
My biggest “lessons learned” from my past four years is that this great Kingdom is made up of amazing people – and can be fragile and needs tending. Be kind to each other.
* Documents needed to be posted at all SCA functions are here:
– SCA Bullying & Harrassment Poster
* If you have any unused scroll cases in your possession, please kindly return them to the Kingdom Signet.
Information on Paid Membership, from SCA.org:
The Signorotti Membership Assistance Fund:
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to seriously affect our members and their families. In response to suggestions from our community, the Society has set up a donation fund to support those participants who may find it difficult to continue their memberships.
Information can be found on the Society Website.
If you would like to donate to this fund, please visit this same link above and scroll down to the Donations information.
The Kingdom Newsletters portal moved locations in February 2023. Please go here to see the current newsletters.
At this time, we are awaiting a link to the past newsletters. Please stay tuned for this information.
Please check out all open volunteer opportunities on our Help Wanted page.
* The Kingdom Signet, Mistress Roberta McMorland, is requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let her know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Regional Deputy Exchequer. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of College of Heralds Paypal Deputy. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Branch Reports Deputy. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Rapier Marshal. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Combat Archery Marshal. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com.
* The Kingdom Minister of Arts & Sciences is accepting Letters of Intent for Kingdom MoAS through October 1, 2023. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying. This 2-year term begins at Kingdom Twelfth Night in January 2024.
* The Kingdom Silver Buccle Herald is accepting Letters of Intent for Cornelian Herald, the Deputy Submissions Herald. Please send an email to email@example.com.
* The Kingdom Social Media Officer is seeking deputies. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.