Academy of St. Clare V: Itchin’ To Get Stitchin’
September 4 @ 5:00 pm - September 6 @ 12:00 pm
Hosted By: Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais
ADA Accessibility: The accessible sleeping cabin has ramps leading from the parking lot to the cabin door.
The Dining Hall has grade-level doors.
Both buildings have designated accessible parking spaces in front.
Gentles with mobility issues should request a Parking Placard when registering so we know how many spaces to designate.
Service Animals: Please contact the Autocrat in advance if you have a service animal and wish to attend.
WHO: Who would have thought that an event focused on a single topic – embroidery – would draw attendees from multiple Kingdoms for five years running?
Because of you, we have enjoyed five years of sharing, five years of learning, and most importantly, five years of an ever-growing community of stitchers!
Whether this is your first time putting needle to thread or you’re an embroidery veteran, if you’ve been waiting for the know-how or the motivation, or if you are already Itchin’ to Get Stitchin’, this weekend event devoted to the art of the needle will enable and inspire you!
The Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais hopes you will join us as we celebrate this milestone!
WHAT: The Academy of St. Clare features:
• Small, specialized classes on single topics. These classes are usually one hour in length and are taught by embroiderers for embroiderers. They require no special sign-up before the event.
• Long, detailed Kit Classes on beloved styles. NOTE: Kit Classes have limited spaces and require sign-up and payment in advance. (For more information, please visit the event website.)
• Time to spend with fellow embroiderers, relishing the relaxed atmosphere with others who share your passion for stitching.
WHEN: This All-Embroidery weekend will be held Friday, September 4, to Sunday, September 4, 2020. The site opens to guests at 5 PM on Friday and closes at 11:30 AM on Sunday.
WHERE: Boy Scout Camp Karoondinha (225 Thomas Dam Road, Millmont PA 17845-9448)
NOTE: The event is limited to 80 attendees. Additional registrants will be added to a waiting list. If we have cancellations, open slots will be offered to gentles on the waiting list in the order in which they were received. Please contact the autocrat before sending in your registration.
HOW CAN I TEACH A CLASS? Please contact Mistress Jaqueline at moliere1297 AT yahoo DOT com.
Registration includes 2 nights’ lodging plus 4 meals (Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast)
1) Make check payable to “SCA PA Inc. — Shire of ACG.”
• Adult Event Registration: $55.00
• Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $50.00. Please include copy of current SCA membership card.
2) Include the following with your registration:
• SCA name
• modern name
• email address
• food allergies (if applicable)
• mobility concerns (if applicable)
• bunk space required for 2 nights / 1 night (specify Friday or Saturday) / 0 nights
• Are you interested in attending an afternoon “kit” class? YES / NO
3) Mail registration to Maistresse Marguerite d’Honfleur, c/o Dawn Maneval, 922 College Court, Lewisburg PA 17837.
4) Event staff will contact you with information about signing up for your afternoon Kit Class.
QUESTIONS? Visit the event website — http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/Events/SiT.html — or contact the autocrat, Mistress Alicia Langland (mka Della Hutchison, 1194 Marshall St., Milton PA 17847; 570-742-4567; email@example.com).