Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Unto Glorious Æthelmearc do Timothy and Gabrielle send greetings,
We are overjoyed to have Heirs. All competitors fought with honor and prowess. Each of them, and their consorts, should be proud to have participated in such a tournament. But Duke Maynard was victorious, triumphing over a very competitive field to place the Coronet upon Duchess Liadain’s brow. We have no doubt that the Kingdom will be in great hands when We retire from the thrones.
Our reign has been full of joy for Us. Just when you think you’ve discovered everything this Kingdom has to offer, something new or exciting appears to remind you of just how amazing the people around you are. We count Ourselves very fortunate to have moved here all those years ago.
Æthelmearc remains a refuge from the tumultuous world around us. All people and viewpoints are welcome here, as Our Society is built upon the foundations of chivalry and courtesy. We will do all We can to see that it remains such. There is no other place We’d rather call home, and no other people We’d prefer to call family, than Our Kingdom and her people,
In Eternal Service to Æthelmearc,
Timothy and Gabrielle
Curia of Their Royal Majesties’ Timothy and Gabrielle
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Mistress Illadore:
Unto the Glorious Kingdom of Æthelmearc from Illadore de Bedegrayne,
Vivat to Their Highness Prince Maynard and Princess Liadian who were victorious at the October Crown Tournament. I know our Kingdom will be in excellent hands and I ask that each of you help support them in their upcoming reign and in any way that you are able as they will lead us onto the field at Pennsic this summer.
New Social Media Deputy! Please say congratulations to The Honorable Lady Sumayya al Ghaziyya as she will be taking over as our new Social Media officer / Deputy Seneschal. Also, I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to Baroness Hilderun Hugelmann for her years of service as our Social media officer.
New Crowns and Coronet Project
Manager! Please say congratulations to Baron Padraig O’ Branduibh! He has agreed to be my project manager for the process of getting new crowns and coronets for our Royalty. More will be forthcoming on that project in the near future.
On October 12th, 2019, at Crown Tournament, heir Majesties did command the following Royal Sanction to be pronounced: On October the twelfth, Anno Societatis fifty-four, we, King Timothy of Arindale and Queen Gabrielle van Nijenrode, issued a Royal Sanction – Exile from the Realm against Doug Schiffer, known in the Society as Godfrey of Coppertree. The sanction will expire on the date of Our heirs’ Coronation. This sanction was duly witnessed by Baroness Hilderun Hügelmann, the representative of the Kingdom Seneschal, Master Illadore de Bedagrayne.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Kingdom 12th Night, to be held in the Barony of St. Swithin’s Bog on Saturday, January 11th. More information can be found later in this edition of the Aestel. Curia will be held January 12, 2020, the Sunday after Kingdom 12th Night, in the Barony of St. Swithin’s Bog. Exact location and times will be determined shortly. An agenda will be developed and sent out as well.
Also of note, I am looking for bids for Fall Crown Tourney, which are due by April 1, 2020 for Region 1, West Virginia.
I also hope you all enjoy the beginning of the holiday season. Stay warm and safe.
New Deputy Seneschal Position – Kingdom DEI Officer:
Their Royal Majesties’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
Their Royal Highnesses’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
Upcoming Kingdom Events
- December 14 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- January 1, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- January 11, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- January 12, 2020
- January 17, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - January 19, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
- January 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- January 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- February 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- February 8, 2020
- February 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 8:00 pm
* There is a new Society Harassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* The new Æthelmearc Fighter Data Roster is available at http://authclerk.aethelmearc.org. Any questions or comments can be sent to Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba, Kingdom Authorization Clerk, at email@example.com.
* There are new Authorization Forms found on the Authorizations Clerk page.
* From the Kingdom Authorization Clerk, Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba: The on line roster was never intended to replace the authorization cards. Walking up to the List table and telling the MoL you don’t need an authorization card because it is on line and they can look it up, is not acceptable. This will not be tolerated. If you look at your card it clearly states, “Be prepared to present this card to any marshal or List official, upon request, when involved in combat activties.” It is your responsibility to have your card, or a copy, with you.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* The following Kingdom Policies have been updated. Please check the new policies on the corresponding officer’s page:
– Armoured Combat (7/19) Effective 8/11/19
– Adult Authorization Form Effective 8/11/19
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!
* There is an immediate need for a new Kingdom Historian and an opening for a Webminister for the Historian’s Office. There is also an opening for a Webminister for the Chronicler’s Office. If you are interested, please email our Kingdom Chronicler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Silver Buccle Herald, THL Sophie Davenport, is seeking 12 local heralds and a Region 5 herald. If you are interested in any of these positions, please let her know at email@example.com.
* The Kingdom Signets, Mistress Antoinette de la Croix and THL Shirin of Susa, are requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Webminister. Letters are due by February 1, 2020. Please email email@example.com to apply.