The Baker’s Dozen Donation Derbies for the Reign of Timothy III & Gabrielle III are designed to provide largesse that will be used for tokens, prizes & gifts throughout the Reign. The Derby idea is aimed at showing off the talents & creativity of the populace.
The derbies will take place at all Royal Progress events. If any group would like to hold a local derby, it is greatly encouraged & appreciated.
The first derby will take place at the AEthelmearc A&S Faire & Queen’s Prize Tourney May 6, hosted by the Shire of Nithgaard.
Baker’s Dozen Donation Derby Rules
- All entrants must create 13 items
- 1 pair or 1 set – 1 item
- Items must be suitable for SCA largesse. (period items are highly desirable)
- All entries must be tagged & ready to be gifted the day of the competition.
- Item tag should have the maker’s name & home group, item content, materials or ingredients
- Items need not be documented (but documentation is always welcome)
- Items should not have Royal or personal heraldry (AE populace badge is allowed)
- Food, liquid & scented items must be in sealed, leak-proof & spill-proof containers.
- Judging is done by the populace. Each entrant display will have a container placed next to it and anyone may put a provided token into the container of their choice. Only one token per person.
- The entrant with the most tokens in their container at the end of the day will receive one item from each entry.
- The remaining 12 items from each entry will be given to Their Majesties at the end of the day.
Places to look for ideas
- Pinterest (there are many largesse boards)
- Facebook groups (SCA Largesse, Dirty Dozen Donation Derby, SCA Site Tokens.
Also search under SCA, there are many groups devoted to specific topics
- Stefan’s Florilegium
- SCA Meridian Herbalists—-Herbal Project & Largesse Ideas
- Making & Contributing Largesse—-Barony of An Tir—-dragonslaire.org
- Trystan’s Costume Closet—-trystancraft.
- The Renaissance Tailor—-button article
- 12 Night Site Tokens, Neck Coolers as Site Tokens & Largesse—-level8craftling.
- What is Largesse—-avacal.
- Making a Chemise Binding, Medieval-Style Trapezoidal Shoulder Bags—-coblaith.net
- A Gentlewoman’s Largesse—-kimiko1.com
- Crafting Websites &/or books
- Talking to members of the Order of the Fleur & the Order of the Laurel*Ideas are Endless!!!**GET CRAFTING & CREATING!!!*Thank you. I hope everyone takes the opportunity to participate in the derbies and enjoy the bounty of talent in AEthelmearc.
Service et loyaultie mie lie,
Dame Bronwyn MacFhionghuin
Mistress of the Bagatelle