If you are interested in volunteering, please check our Help Wanted Ads below!
|* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Chancellor Minor. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.|
|* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Chronicler. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com as soon as possible.|
* While the plague may have robbed us of some of our time together, Master Antonio’s term still comes to a close at the end of this year. As such, all those who would have a desire to serve your Kingdom as Thrown Weapons Marshal are asked to submit a letter of interest at this time. The position oversees and promotes all thrown weapons activities within the Kingdom as well as our compliance with Society Thrown Weapons policies. The position also supports Thrown Weapons on the Pennsic range and will run (or appoint someone to run) those activities at Pennsic 50.
The normal time commitment for this position is an hour or so per week and does require some travel within the Kingdom. During Pennsic, expect to spend 4 to 8 hours per day on the range.
You should include your experience in thrown weapons and the SCA, what things you would like to change or simply improve upon in thrown weapons, and any other relevant information you feel would allow us to make an
Letters should be sent to Their Majesties, the Earl Marshal, and myself at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The office typically transitions at Kingdom 12th Night.
* The Exchequer Office is looking for a Regional Deputy, which reports directly to the Kingdom Exchequer. Potential Deputies must be a Paid SCA Member, 18 or older, and can become a Warranted Exchequer (though an existing or active Warrant is not required to apply). They must also have regular access to Email, Google Drive, and Excel.
The Regional Deputy is the first line of assistance for local Exchequers, and monitors & tracks the Quarterly Reports. If you are interested in this position, or joining the Kingdom Exchequer Team in general, please send your SCA resume and letter of intent to email@example.com.
* The Exchequer Office is looking for a Archival Deputy, which reports directly to the Kingdom Exchequer. Potential Deputies must be a Paid SCA Member, 18 or older, and can become a Warranted Exchequer (though an existing or active Warrant is not required to apply). They must also have regular access to Email, Google Drive, and Excel.
This position currently does not have an average work/month time frame, but candidate availability and time commitment will be discussed prior to onboarding.
While No Previous Exchequer experience is necessary, regular access to a digital scanner and intermediate/comfortable understanding of the Google Suite is required.
If you are interested in this position, or joining the Kingdom Exchequer Team in general, please send your SCA resume and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Position Announcement Pennsic Exchequer
Hourly commitment expected:
1) During Pennsic, 6-8 hours per day from Opening Day through final Saturday. Ability to arrive a week Prior to the Start of the event a Major Plus.
2) Attend both weekend planning sessions, November and May.
3) 5-15+ hours per week for the remainder of the year.
1) Work with the Pennsic Mayors to create and maintain a budget, with detail down to department expense levels.
2) Report regularly to the Pennsic Financial Committee and the Kingdom Seneschal Group on activities relating to Pennsic finances.
3) Report directly to the Society Exchequer using SCA standard financial reporting forms.
4) Serve as a subject-matter expert in determining allowable expenditures.
5) Travel to two planning meetings (November and May).
6) Be on-site for the entire Pennsic War (Both Weeks) and be available on site during the week preceding the war if possible.
7) Hold regular “office hours” during war and monitor a radio and/or pager for the entire war.
8) Work with the Cooper’s Lake staff to coordinate resources and funds transfers.
Skills and resources required:
1) Moderate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
2) Moderate to expert knowledge of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.
3) Moderate to expert knowledge of SCA reports
4) Experience as an SCA Exchequer preferred, but not required
4) Accounting/bookkeeping experience desired.
5) Reliable phone and email access.
6) Ability and willingness to communicate to several people over long distances.
Successful applicants will be expected to attend Pennsic for the entire war.
Please send applications (modern resume and SCA activity summary) to CJO@pennsicwar.org
Application period closes 11:59pm EST, September 1, 2020.
Please direct any questions to the Acting Pennsic Exchequer email@example.com
It is the hope of the Pennsic Financial Committee to complete the selection process by November 1, 2020.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Garnet Herald (Submissions). The position opening is to finish the remainder of the current term, which ends at Spring Crown 2021. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Cornelian Herald (Deputy Herald). The position opening is to finish the remainder of the current term, which ends at Spring Crown 2021. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com as soon as possible.
* The Silver Buccle Herald, THL Sophie Davenport, is seeking 12 local heralds and a Region 5 herald. If you are interested in any of these positions, please let her know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Kingdom Signets, Mistress Antoinette de la Croix and THL Shirin of Susa, are requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let them know at email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Kingdom Signet. This is for a two-year term, starting in May 2021.
This position requires a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills both in writing and in person, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under stressful circumstances. It also requires familiarity with platforms such as google docs, spreadsheets, both in google and Excel, as well as being available via phone, text, IM and email on a daily basis. This position needs an average of 20 hours a week, sometimes more for upcoming events such as Pennsic, War Practice and 12th Nights. This position does involve significant travel, as the Signet’s presence is important at Royal progress events, ideally 2 or more Royal Progress events per month.
To this end, we wish to offer an outline of some of the work that is done by the Signet’s office:
The specific policies of the Signet’s Office can be found at http://signet.aethelmearc.org/policies-2/policies/. If you have any questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us at AEsignet@gmail.com or through IM. If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest detailing your current involvement in the scribal community and plan of action to further enrich the scribal community through your 2 year term of office. Deadline for letters is December 1, 2020. Letters of intent and resume are to be submitted to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Kingdom Webminister is seeking Deputies for AEthelmearc’s Google for Non Profits system. A working knowledge of Google-sphere is required. Please contact Baroness Amalie at email@example.com if you are interested.
* There is a call for Letters of Intent for anyone interested in the Office of Kingdom Webminister. This is for a two-year term, starting at Spring Crown Tournament 2021.
The Webminister’s Office is responsible for maintaining the Kingdom Website, the Kingdom’s Google for Non-Profits Account (email, documents, and so on), ÆTube, the forms server, the docs server, and any remaining email forwarders. They also help support the Kingdom Zoom account. Additionally, the Webminister assists webministers of local groups, Kingdom guilds and Polling Orders, and Kingdom offices with any web-related issues as well as collect reports every quarter and submit quarterly reports to the Society Webminister. The Webminister oversees the Event Coordinator on matters pertaining to the website, and works very closely with this position to keep the Kingdom Calendar up-to-date. The Webminister also works very closely with the Kingdom Chronicler. Finally, the Webminister collects Kingdom quarterly reports, sends reports to the Society Webminister, checks for compliance issues throughout Kingdom websites and also makes recommendations to Society level for the William Blackfox Web Awards.
The average time spent working on Kingdom Webminister duties is roughly 2-10 hours per week, depending on the time of month and issues that arise. Skills required for this position are a working knowledge of websites and web servers, Google, email, cPanel, WordPress, HTML, and Spreadsheets.
Letters of intent should be sent to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will forward to Their Royal Majesties, the Kingdom Seneschal, and the Kingdom Webminister. Please have all letters submitted by February 1, 2021.