- This event has passed.
Academy of St. Clare of Assisi: MORE Stitches in Time!
March 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - April 2, 2017 @ 11:00 am
Hosted by the Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais
Do you love to embroider? Does the idea of stitching with friends fill you with joy? Ever wish for an embroidery class that offers more than basics? Then clear your calendar for March 31 through April 2, because the Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais is once again opening its doors to embroiderers and stitchers from all over. (The first event drew embroiderers from five Kingdoms!)
The Academy of St. Clare of Assisi: MORE Stitches in Time is an event for embroiderers, by embroiderers and about embroidery. It offers small specialized classes on single topics, long detailed “kit” classes on beloved styles, and a chance for embroiderers to spend time with others who love the art of the needle.
We’re bringing back all the things you loved about the first event (including THE TEA!), plus we’re adding MORE things to love about this unique event:
• All-new class topics!
• Another hour of classes!
• FIVE “kit” classes to choose from!
• Beginning Embroidery Track!
• Embroidery Display Show & Tell!
• Embroidered Fashions Show!
NOTE: “Kit classes” require pre-registration, which ends on February 18, 2017.
For more information, including the event schedule, a list of classes, descriptions (with photos!) of the “kit” classes, and information about how to register for a “Kit” class, and more, please visit the event website: http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/Events/MSiT.html
This all-you-can-embroider gathering will be held at Boy Scout Camp Karoondinha, 225 Thomas Dam Road, Millmont PA 17845-9448 (GPS Coordinates: 40.85630, -77.2547) Site opens at 5 PM on Friday, March 31, and closes at 11 AM on Sunday, April 2.
The event registration for the weekend includes lodging in a heated cabin as well as breakfast, lunch, and supper on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Bunk spaces will be filled on a first-paid, first-served basis, so reserve early to avoid disappointment. Those desiring a bottom-bunk space in the cabin with bathrooms must include with their paid reservation a request for a bottom bunk in Sheary Lodge. Those needing access to electricity must include with their paid reservation a request for a bottom bunk near an outlet.
Event registration (includes 4 meals, served family-style, plus lodging) is as follows:
• Adult Event Registration: $35.00
• Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $30.00 (Please include photocopy of current SCA membership card.)
Make checks payable to “SCA PA Inc. — Shire of ACG.” Send reservations to THL Aibell ingen Dairmata, c/o Lea Wittie, 913 Colonial Lane, Lewisburg PA 17837. Please include the following with your reservation:
• SCA name
• modern name
• email address (so we can confirm receipt of your reservation and send you class kit payment information)
• food allergies (if applicable)
• mobility concerns (if applicable)
• bunk space required for 2 nights / 1 night (specify Friday or Saturday) / 0 nights
• Are you interested in attending an afternoon “kit” class? “ YES / NO. (Descriptions of “kit” classes can be found here: http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/Events/SiT.html#classes)
Your autocrat for this event is Mistress Alicia Langland (mka Della Hutchison, 1194 Marshall S., Milton PA 17847; 570-742-4567). Please contact her with your questions!