- This event has passed.
Academy of St. Clare IV: Keeping You in Stitches
March 29 @ 5:00 pm - March 31 @ 11:00 am
Hosted by the Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais
*The accessible sleeping cabin has ramps leading from the parking lot to the cabin door. The Dining Hall has grade-level doors. Both buildings have designated accessible parking spaces in front.
Bored with a wardrobe filled with plain-Jane gowns? Transform one of those ho-hum garments with a bit of embroidery, and you now have a one-of-a-kind garment that others admire! Or, go all-out and embroider the entire surface of a coif, a pouch, a sleeve, or even a jacket!
Whether this is your first time putting needle to thread or you’re an embroidery veteran, if you’ve been waiting for the know-how or the motivation, “The Academy of St. Clare of Assisi: Keeping You in Stitches!” will enable and inspire you!
WHAT: At this event devoted to the art of the needle, you will:
• Spend time with fellow embroiderers, relishing the relaxed atmosphere with others who share your passion for stitching.
• Learn more about embroidery!
The Academy of St. Clare offers you two ways to learn or share what you know. It offers:
• Small, specialized classes on single topics These classes are usually one hour in length and taught by embroiderers for embroiders. They require no special sign-up before the event.
• Long, detailed “kit” classes on beloved styles. Afternoon “kit” classes require pre-registration and pre-payment; pre-registration starts on January 15, 2019, and ends on March 1, 2019.
WHEN: This All-Embroidery weekend starts Friday, March 29th, and ends Sunday, March 31st, 2019. Site opens at 5 PM on Friday and closes at 11 AM on Sunday.
WHERE: Boy Scout Camp Karoondinha, 225 Thomas Dam Road, Millmont PA 17845-9448 (central PA/Abhainn Ciach Ghlais)
HOW CAN I TEACH A CLASS? Please contact Mistress Jaqueline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO I RESERVE?
What Is Included?
Weekend Registration includes lodging in a heated cabin as well as breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and supper on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
Bunk spaces are filled on a first-paid, first-served basis; please reserve early if you need special sleeping accommodations! Need a bottom-bunk space in the cabin with indoor plumbing? Include with your paid reservation a request for a bottom bunk in Sheary Lodge. Need access to electricity? Request a bottom bunk near an outlet.
1) Include the following with your reservation:
• SCA name
• modern name
• email address
• food allergies (if applicable)
• mobility concerns (if applicable)
• bunk space required for 2 nights / 1 night (specify Friday or Saturday) / 0 nights
• Are you interested in attending an afternoon “kit” class? YES / NO
2) Make check payable to “SCA PA Inc. — Shire of ACG.”
• Adult Event Registration: $35.00 if postmarked on or before 12/31/18; $40.00 on or after 1/1/19
• Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $30.00 if postmarked on or before 12/31/18; $35.00 on or after 1/1/19. Please include copy of current SCA membership card.
3) Send reservation to Maistresse Marguerite d’Honfleur, c/o Dawn Maneval, 922 College Court, Lewisburg PA 17837.
4) Event staff will contact you with information about registering for your afternoon “kit” class.
QUESTIONS? Visit the event website — http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~acg/Events/SiT.html — or contact the autocrat, Mistress Alicia Langland (mka Della Hutchison, 1194 Marshall St., Milton PA 17847; 570-742-4567; email@example.com).
We hope you will join us!