Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
Greetings Noble populace,
We are looking forward to celebrating Twelfth Night in many parts of Our Kingdom. We are very encouraged by the work of Our industrious citizens. This month will be a time to spend with friends and share stories of this magnificent year in Æthelmearc. A time of generosity and celebration as we move from short days in darkness toward a return of the light. For those going on the war trail to Gulf Wars- We have chosen His Lordship Madison Morai as Our heavy weapons Warlord and Countess Elena d’trois as Our fencing Warlord. We hope this finds you healthy and well.
Gareth and Juliana,
Rex and Regina Æthelmearc.
REQUEST FOR COMMENTARY – Proposed Corpora Change – Corpora IV.E.
Published November 2, 2017
Currently open for commentary is a proposal for a change to Corpora IV.E. Reason for suggested change is to clarify confusing language. Corpora currently reads:
ROYALTY, E. Limitations:
3. Royalty may delegate:
a. the decision-making powers on legislation, distribution of armigerous awards and orders, or banishment, or
b. signature authority for warrants and rosters to territorial princes and princesses within their Kingdom.
Royalty may not delegate these powers or authorities to anyone else.
The proposed change reads as follows:
ROYALTY, E. Limitations
3. The Crown may delegate the following authority to those territorial princes and princesses within their Kingdom and may not delegate these powers or authorities to anyone else:
a. decision making powers on legislation of principality law with the approval of the Crown.
b. distribution of armigerous award and orders with prior approval of the Crown: the distribution of armigerous awards and orders may also be granted to Landed Barons and Baronesses with the approval of the Crown.
c. banishment within the principality with prior approval of the Crown.
d. signature authority for warrants and rosters with prior approval of the Crown.
All members are encouraged forward their opinions for consideration. Comments may be mailed to: Comments / Corpora IV.E.
Milpitas, CA 95036
Comments may also be emailed to email@example.com. Please use “Corpora IV.E.” in the subject line. Commentary will be accepted until January 15, 2018.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.
Upcoming Royal Progress Events
- January 27 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- January 27 @ 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- February 3
- February 10 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- February 10 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- February 17 @ 8:00 am - February 18 @ 5:00 pm
- February 24 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- March 2 @ 5:00 pm - March 4 @ 11:00 am
- March 9 @ 5:00 pm - March 11 @ 11:00 am
- March 10 @ 8:00 am - March 18 @ 5:00 pm
* There is a new Society Harassment and Bullying Policy, which can be found at http://socsen.sca.org/the-sca-harrassment-and-bullying-policy/.
* Curia Regis will be held Sunday, May 20th, 2018 at Æthelmearc War Practice at 10:00 AM.
* It is requested that Kingdom Officers update policies, if they have not been updated within the past two years, and send to the Kingdom Seneschal by May 1.
* Bids for Fall Crown are due by April 1st. The rotation is to Region 4. Bids for Fall Æcademy are due by April 1st as well. The rotation is to Region 5.
* The new Æthelmearc Fighter Data Roster is available at http://authclerk.aethelmearc.org. Any questions or comments can be sent to Mistress Maria Christina de Cordoba, Kingdom Authorization Clerk, at email@example.com.
* The Kingdom’s first A&S Consultation Table will be at College of Three Ravens on February 24, 2018 from 10 AM – 3 PM. This table is a chance for artisans to get a personal walk-through of the Kingdom rubrics or judging process that have been used at events like the A&S Faire and A&S Champions. If you have any questions, please contact THL Renata Rouge, Kingdom Minister of Arts & Sciences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* There is an immediate need for a new Kingdom Historian and an opening for a Webminister for the Historian’s Office. If you are interested, please email our Kingdom Chronicler at email@example.com.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Webminister. The 2-year term starts at Spring Crown Tournament. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2018.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for Kingdom Seneschal. The 2-year term starts at Coronation in Fall 2019. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.
* Their Royal Highnesses, Sven and Siobhan, have announced that Æthelmearc’s mighty army will support the noble Dragon of the Middle Kingdom against the Lion of the East.
* Sir Arnthor Inn Sterki has been named Æthelmearc’s Warlord for Pennsic. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Duchess Dorinda Courtenay has been named Æthelmearc’s Fencing Warlord for Pennsic. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
* THL Madison Morai has been named Æthelmearc’s Warlord for Gulf Wars, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Our King and Queen, Gareth and Juliana, would like to give each newcomer a drinking vessel (mug, goblet, cup, etc.) during Royal Courts as a way to welcome them to the Society. Donations do not need to be new but should be in good condition and serviceable as feast gear. Please contact THLady Antoinette de Lorraine (email@example.com) with any questions. Please bring your donations to an event or check The AEthelmearc Gazette for shipping to snail mail addresses.
* Lady McKenna Henderson is overseeing the award medallions and toy box for TRM Gareth and Julianna. If you would like to help with largesse for the children of Æthelmearc or award medallions, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Lord Arias Beltran del Valle, Jewel of Æthelmearc Herald, wishes to invite those interested in gaining experience in court heralding to contact him prior to, or during, an event. Help is always appreciated in court, and Lord Arias hopes to assist those interested in growing those skills!
* There are new Authorization Forms found on the Authorizations Clerk page.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!