Welcome to our Kingdom!
A Missive from Their Royal Majesties of Æthelmearc:
From Their Majesties Maynard and Liadain
Warmest wishes and heartfelt greetings to all who read these words, from Maynard and Liadain, King and Queen of Sylvan Æthelmearc.
Unto all those who read these words, do We, Maynard and Liadain, King and Queen of Sylvan Æthelmearc, send fond greetings and well wishes this day.
As the sun sets on another summer, Our forests are ablaze with color and the confirmation of change. The nights are longer, the days colder and We look forward to the joys the coming months will bring. While uncertainty continues as a plague of its own, We take heart and find strength in those things We find certainty in.
First and foremost, our people. Thank you all for your joy and your perseverance. We, like you, long for those magical and exciting in person SCA experiences. We know this is difficult and applaud you for finding new paths to celebrate each other and grow until that time when we can yet meet again.
For Æthelmearc, We Remain,
Maynard and Liadain
Rex et Regina
Greetings unto the populace of Æthelmearc,
Although unable to physically gather within Our Sylvan Lands at this time, We still wish to make an appearance wherever you may be. So please take this opportunity to decorate your own set of Royalty and take Us with you on your various undertakings. Snap a picture of Us joining you on a quest, whether it be a simple undertaking, or more involved.
Tag your images or videos via social media on the SCA Æthelmearc Facebook Page or your own personal page using #AERoamingRoyals so that We may enjoy the many ventures of Our friends far and wide.
If you are interested in being included in a possible future ÆLive segment, then please also send pictures to email@example.com
Most of all, have fun with this! We wish wholeheartedly that We could be with you in person. Until then, show Us what We could be up to out there.
Find Us here: http://trm.aethelmearc.org/roamingroyals.html
From the Kingdom Seneschal, Mistress Illadore:
Greetings beloved Æthelmearc!
As you may have seen on social media, in consultation with Their Majesties, the Deputy Kingdom Seneschal for Pandemics (Duke Christopher), and Master Morien, we are continuing the pause on all heavy and rapier fighting in the Kingdom, until at least January 31, 2021.
I know this is not what we want. However, his Grace has indicated that they have been seeing an increase in cases from schools and from sports. That does not bode well for our fighting activities. It is best that we be prudent and do our best to stay healthy. Please wear your masks, wash your hands, and socially distance when at all possible. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
HOWEVER! If your marshals and seneschals feel it is safe, (and more importantly it falls within your state and local guidelines), you can have socially distant activities, such as archery and thrown weapons practices. Also, while we are not able to have events, small gatherings may be okay to have. Please have your seneschals contact myself and Duke Christopher ( at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in having a socially distant gathering.
Be well, be safe.
Update on Kingdom Heavy and Rapier Fighting
Resolution to Suspend In-Person SCA Activity until January 31st, 2021:
During the July 28, 2020, Ad Hoc meeting of the Board of Directors for the Society for Creative Anachronism, the following Resolution was passed by a unanimous vote and made effective immediately:
I. Whereas, the COVID-19 Global Pandemic has created an unparalleled challenge for the administration of the Society for Creative Anachronism. The Board of Directors acknowledges the health and well-being of the membership and participants of the SCA are of utmost importance;
II. Whereas, the Crowns of the vast majority of North American Kingdoms have petitioned the board to suspend in-person SCA events in North America until January 31st, 2021;
III. Whereas, following consultation with the Kingdom Seneschals of the North American Kingdoms, it appears that this petition is generally supported;
IV. Therefore Now Be It Resolved, The SCA Board of Directors suspends all SCA in-person events in North America until January 31st, 2021;
V. Resolved, Small local gatherings including, but not limited to, archery practice, guild meetings, officer meetings, and local martial activities shall remain at the discretion of the Crown and Kingdom Seneschal, in accordance with CDC, State, Provincial, and local health guidelines and
recommendations. Virtual events as alternatives continue to be a viable option;
VI. Resolved, The SCA Board of Directors directs the Society Seneschal to grant a blanket variance to Corpora waiving any required events such as Crown List and Coronation until January 31st, 2021, as well as extending all current reigns until a royal list can be held to determine suitable Heirs;
VII. Resolved, If a Crown or Coronet steps down without Heirs for a Kingdom or Principality, a Regent shall be installed until such time as a royal list may be held to find suitable Heirs and a Coronation or Investiture held. This regent should be installed according to the Kingdom or Principality laws that govern the appointment of Regents, after consultation with the Society Seneschal. If the Kingdom or Principality has no such law, the Kingdom Seneschal (and Principality Seneschal when appropriate) must consult with the Society Seneschal and Society President to determine an appropriate selection method for a Regent;
VIII. Resolved, the SCA Board of Directors invites Kingdoms who have determined that it is safe to host in-person events before January 31st, 2021, to request a variance from the Society Seneschal to be able to do so. The Society Seneschal shall have the authority to grant or deny these requests. These requests will be reviewed by the Board using the same review method used for variances to Corpora;
IX. Resolved, the SCA Board of Directors commends the officers, royalty, hard-working membership, and participants who have made it possible for the SCA to continue activities during these trying times.
Any commentary regarding this matter should be addressed to
email@example.com. Please use the title “Resolution” in the subject line.
NOTE: Please use the body of the email for commentary.
Attachments will cause your message to be marked as spam, and it will bounce.
In lieu of email, commentary may be sent by US Mail, Postage-Prepaid, to:
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.
P.O. Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Information on Paid Membership, from SCA.org:
Update on SCA Membership Status Effective July 1, 2020:
We are sorry to have to report that as of July 1, 2020, we will no longer be able to leave expired memberships open as if they were current memberships. The corporation has reached a point where it needs to resume normal financial processes. Read the full notice here.
Gifting a Membership:
There has been an extremely generous response from our members, wanting to gift memberships to people in need.
If you would like to gift a membership for a specific individual, please download and follow these instructions.
News From Around the Kingdom:
Their Royal Majesties’ Upcoming Royal Progress Events
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Watch Episodes of ÆLive
Upcoming Online Activities
Upcoming Kingdom Events
- November 14
- November 21 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- December 5 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- December 5 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- December 12
- January 2, 2021
- January 23, 2021
- April 3, 2021
- April 10, 2021
- May 1, 2021
* There is a new Kingdom Event Rotation listing for 2020-2029 found on the Seneschal Page.
* There are new Authorization Forms found on the Authorizations Clerk page.
* There are new Event Submission and Update forms found on the Event Submission Form page.
* Information regarding the icons found in event announcements can be found in the Icon Guide.
* There is a Frequently Asked Questions page on this site. Please see if your question is listed here.
* The following Kingdom Policies have been updated. Please check the new policies on the corresponding officer’s page:
– Armoured Combat (7/19) Effective 8/11/19
* Check out the Kingdom of Æthelmearc’s Facebook Feed!
Please check out all open volunteer opportunities on our Help Wanted page.
* The Kingdom Signets, Mistress Antoinette de la Croix and THL Shirin of Susa, are requesting scroll blanks for Kingdom Awards. If you are able to help out, kindly let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Silver Buccle Herald. This term would run from January 2021 to May Spring Crown in 2023. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com by November 1, 2020.
* There is a call for Letters of Intent for anyone interested in the Office of Kingdom Signet. This is for a two-year term, starting in May 2021. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2020.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Chancellor Minor. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Chronicler. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Regional Deputy Exchequer. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Archival Deputy. Any interested gentles should send letters to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
* Letters of Intent are being accepted for the position of Chronicler. Any interested gentles should send letters to email@example.com as soon as possible.